Saturday, December 21, 2013

Asking the Hard Questions


Why is it when you are an adult you have to ask questions you either don't want the answer to or don't know what you want to hear?

As I am acclimating to my new surroundings, new job, new friends…I am all together happy.  It's something I hoped I would feel this soon into the move, but there are things that I am dealing with in my day to day that are just plain no fun! Choosing health insurance that is affordable but good (i hate this process), firing employees (yes, I had been here a month and had to let someone go) learning to go to Air Force events sans one pilot that is the reason I am at such events.  The time without my boy was something I told myself I was prepared for but when I know he is on a mission to Columbia and find out his plane has broken down somewhere I get a little anxious…That is until I find out that "somewhere" is Jamaica and then I feel different emotions.

But recently a new "Adult Decision" challenge has popped up causing me to ask questions that scare me and I don't know what I want to hear most, or least for that matter.  The Air Force is doing some huge personnel cuts and as far as it has been made apparent to me, they are pretty much random so that it is fair.  This selection has lead to the boys all walking around whistling that haunting tune that signifies the revolution in the Hunger Games series, the cry of the mocking jay.








------------------------->








So the question is, what's next?  Do we stay in Abilene? No. Does B take a severance package if it is offered? Don't know.  Do we start playing the Lottery more since all life seems to be is a game of chance? Hell YES!

I have had discussions with B over this and we are both in the air about what our future with the Air Force holds. Though through these talks I realized how much pride I was putting in the Air Force as a whole on B's behalf and now I see that it cares nothing about his future and wants and how he can best benefit the USAF and I will 100% support his decision to move to Louisiana if thats where these next few weeks lead us, or heck a girl can dream of them leading us both to a life with jobs back at Disney! ha ha, like I said I can dream.

I went on this tangent all because of an e-mail I got from a real-estate agency who has recently hired one of my lifelong friends and I saw the most beautiful little Acadian style home for sale in Opelousas and wondered if for the final time, I could be moving "home." But as of right now, home is where my pups, and B are and I wouldn't change that, no matter where life takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment