Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Roman Holliday





So in two days in Rome I have had a phenomenal experience already. Ok so it got off to a rough start... I was a bit emotional with the whole leaving loved ones and traveling abroad alone with no one I knew so I got a little flustered and may have cried off and on fir a few hours when I arrived when I hear someone say excitedly "are you a zeta!". It was a fellow sorority sister of mine who I didn't know was going on this trip because she was a 5th year architecture student which the 5th years study in Jackson so she wasn't at any interest meetings. It was instantly better and the tears became tears of joy! So here are a few of the better pictures, or at least highlights of the last 2 days and there are more on Facebook. Tomorrow is more of ancient Rome in the Coliseum part of the city, which is a repeat of my 1st day but with details about what we are seeing plus we will be going inside the coliseum... Ok so I tried to add a picture and wasn't smart enough for it on the iPad, so either check them out on Facebook or I will find a way to get them onto my blog. Things are good tho, I saw the Pope and I have enjoyed Rome very much and still have 4 more days to acquaint myself and then I am off to Florence which in Italian is Ferenzie, it's funny how we butcher Italian words! So far I have only learned essential words, but it pretty amazing how when you emerse yourself in the language how quickly you can start remembering words! Arrivederci! (goodbye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment