Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Training your Brain




I am in the thick of needing to be finishing up my thesis and all sorts of other things seem to be popping up to distract me! I have a personal urge to run away from town every chance I get to visit a boy who always seems to make me smile, I have this carnal instinct to go to bed at a decent hour (what the heck mother nature?), and I have the attention span of 3 hours when it is something pointless but about 30 minutes when it is something I really need to be doing.  I know this can't just be me, but with my best interests at heart I hereby denounce my affiliations to social media for a little while other than allocated downtime that I will need for sanity.  I also will be making myself wake up early to do a healthy activity like yoga, or running when I start up with that again so that I can have a good jump on the day and maybe be a little more productive.  I also just started a little thing call Lumosity.  It is a daily brain train with games related to words, numbers, and shapes to help my cognitive thinking skills, attention, focus, memory and much more.  I am hoping this will satiate my desire to play internet games like the one I play on Facebook and Sudoku on my phone.  This is my pledge to myself to be focused on the important things until I am all submitted and finished with this process!
Keep my accountable folks! I'm begging you!

No comments:

Post a Comment