But my attention is elsewhere right now as I plan a trip that is still 3 months away!
As I have said in past posts I am trying to become a runner. I don't think I will ever be a real hard core runner, because I honestly don't love it, but I am addicted to it because I love the way running is helping me in my day to day. I feel better about myself, I have lose 14.5 pounds, and I am gaining wonderful experiences I never thought I could do! The first experience is the Mickey's Halloween 5K that goes through Disney's Animal Kingdom! I get to share this amazing experience with my dear friend Jen who has been my go to gal for over 7 years!
These are the Medal and Poster for the runI of course love the medal because I got to
grow mickey shaped pumpkins when I
interned at Epcot!
I also owe a huge amount of thanks to a little lady who is 5 foot nothing
of pure motivation. Jeniffer Patterson is the one who got me started running, helped me to find my own motivation and who has kept me inspired to keep after my goals. Without her I would not feel inclined to run at all!
The amount of planning I have been doing and the pride i have felt in myself for being able to run more than i eve knew I could has me deciding to register for my next big challenge, a half Marathon! 13.1 miles of magic because I want to register for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in February. I have an 18 week program that I will begin just a few weeks after my first 5K to prepare me for the challenge. I haven't signed up for it yet though, I will need a few more days to decide if I am up for the challenge.
So I leave you today with a little picture to promote the wine and dine half marathon weekend that is the same time the 5K is being held, these little pictures provided by RunDisney are my happy thoughts that make me want to get out and get running!


No comments:
Post a Comment