Well today I realized it was already July 19th!!! I feel like i just got home! Where has the month gone?
I'm not trying to sound like every other person who gets an actual break in the summer, and I especially can't complain because I had 6 amazing weeks to myself in Italy, but with that in mind...I'm not ready for it to end. I am a bit anxious about what my fall semester has to bring because I will be taking my toughest class yet and trying to stay on top of my thesis, but I have to remind myself that it is only 3 months and when it is over I will nearly be finished!
Then what?... No more summers like the ones I have known for so long. Don't get me wrong I have held a summer job every summer since i started college except for the summer before grad school and they have been amazing! But anyone who knows me knows I fear the worst of the future and am almost always pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I wouldn't call it Pessimism but perhaps a healthy respect for the unknown. Ha ha, plus I'd rather things go better than expected than worse. That said, a huge part of me feels this is the last summer I think I will feel young and care free. But there are also so many things I look forward to in future summers, such as getting married, having kids, family vacations, vegetable gardens, chicken coops, and so many more things that I know I will love.
So I guess the point of all of the above is that for the next 27 days I intend to make an effort to do something every day to ensure I made the best of the last summer as I know them to be!
My challenge for you is to do the same. It is a crazy world we live in and I'm not gonna say treat each day as your last, but I will suggest that you treat each day as the last of its kind. I have recently found more direction in my life than I have ever given myself and I want to be sure I make my time count. I think in the end I can at least look back and know I did the things I wanted to do and I think that is a pretty good way to spend these summer days.
No comments:
Post a Comment