Yesterday the rain began.....And today it continued... I was thinking to myself as there wasn't a cloud in the sky yesterday "it sure would be nice if it rained." Around 4:30 it did! This morning however when it was time to get up and it was still dark outside (unusual in the summertime) I just sat in my chair next to the window and listened to it rain while I sipped my coffee and ate my oatmeal with fresh blueberries (straight from the Breland's garden yum!). I did the usual call to Papa to see if it was raining at the farm, it wasn't but he was content because he'd gotten some in the days before. Not wanting to do much of anything except sit and enjoy the moment I decided if I was gonna make myself a little late for work I should have a distraction to blame. So what better to blame than the rain. So I took my camera out and took pictures of my pets and things around my house on this perfectly rainy day. When I did get to work, only 30 minutes after 8 mind you, i played around with filters, editing them to look maybe a bit older or crisper. I still need to try to figure out how to make the objects in the foreground sharp and the ones in the background out of focus, that will have to be another rainy day I guess.
So I now present my rainy day distraction, otherwise know as what I did this morning instead of writing my thesis...
![]() |
| Birdhouse |
![]() |
| Cali |
![]() |
| Jason and Katie's rouge Chicken |
![]() |
| Jason's Farmall |
![]() |
| Katie's goslings |
![]() |
| Grandad and Nellie |
![]() |
| David, Sara, Adam, and I in Ocean Springs |
![]() |
| My Hosta in the morning rain |
![]() |
| Me and Gus, Enjoying a ride in Green County with the windows down |
![]() |
| Aunt Cheryl's Girl Scout Mess Kit |
![]() |
| Mim wishing the rain would stop so she could go out and play |
![]() |
| Cali deciding she in fact doesn't want to go out n the rain |
![]() |
| David at a Quick Stop in Greene County |
![]() |
| Nellie and Anabelle staying in bed on a rainy morning |
![]() |
| Summertree Road |
![]() |
| Truck Patch |
















Grab a notebook and write down your shutter and apperture settings. Then take each picture 3 times - the first time using standard settings, the second go higher, the third go lower. Then when you look at the pictures, you can figure out how to get the look you're going for. I'd tell you the exact settings but I blocked all memories related to SLRs after a painful photography class. :(
ReplyDeleteThanks for the advice! I used a digital and I know nothing about it ha ha! do you know how I can get what is in the foreground to be in focus and the things in the background out of focus?
ReplyDelete