Saturday, August 27, 2011

Things Change




I haven't blogged in a while out of fear I'd have nothing positive to say.  But I have lot's of positive to stay, I'm afraid I will just have to start with the negative before I can pull the positive out of it. Sadly my last post was about the loss of our family dog, something that was hard for me to hear, but little did I know not the worst news I would get that week.  Our family soon found out that my dad has stage IV colon cancer.  We are treating it and he has his first chemo Monday.  We know it's a long road but the whole family is on board.  This brings me to the positives.  I always knew we had wonderful family and friends, but now we are really seeing how wonderful everyone can be, from neighbors and friends cooking us meals, to my friends helping me as I move home to help in the beginning of this all.  Jason is home to! He's taking care of the rice harvest and coming back for the soy beans after this.  Katie is amazing to spare her husband for all this time and I am actually enjoying us all under one roof as adults with out all the silly kid fights, though Jason is still good at scaring the cats, and I'm ok with that.  I'm still running and have joined mama's gym and we are getting fit together.  I have amazing friends in Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, Illinois and Indiana who are keeping me motivated with my runs cause we are all in this healthy living thing together! I am still technically in school and working on my thesis.  Though I need a little motivation cause I have only worked on it 2 days in the past 2 weeks... So things change, that's life, we just have to adapt.  I have a beautiful boyfriend who supports me and helps me get through the tough days.  I'm gonna leave todays post with a couple of fun picktures from the last couple of weeks and probably won't write for a little over a week, i have my first official 5K a week from today at the Prairie Arts Festival and I am SUPER excited about it!



No comments:

Post a Comment