Well, we did it! Today Alyse Young, Laura Stumbo, ,and I completed our first ever Half Marathon! Beyond the sheer joy of doing the Mercedes Half Marathon is the overwhelming sense of accomplishment in knowing I accomplished something I set out to do. I worked hard for 6+ months and today I reached my goal, 13.1 miles! Now comes rest (feeling great right now but I know it's only a matter of time before the aches set in for the real deal) and mental preparation for the run that started all of this madness for me, the Princess!
I won't make this a long post I just to thank everyone for your support, this has been an amazing experience and I need to thank the Young family for hosting/coaching me. I think it's safe to say...I'm addicted!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Yay!!! So proud of you! See you tomorrow :)
ReplyDelete