Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Never say Never

I like to say I am like Anne of Green Gables, "I may make a lot of mistakes, but I only make them once.  One day I will have made all the mistakes and can start being perfect."  Okay that may not be the exact quote, I read that book round about 20 years ago, but what I like to say and what is actually true are two different things.  I may have repeated a mistake a time or two though I'd rather never admit to it, I would like to think I have learned a few things over the years.  One lesson I would have thought I have learned by now is to never say never.  With that said, a year and a half ago and then again about 6 months ago I said I would never cut off my hair again like I had done for Locks of Love back in college and for Beautiful Lengths at the start of graduate school (a ponytail which I still have because this absentminded girl never mailed it). But that has changed, I have done my typical move and changed my mind yet again.  Based on the events in my recent future and a handshake promise made to my Papa, I will be cutting my hair off and I will be mailing it along with my previous ponytail to a program sponsored by Pantene called Beautiful Lengths.
It is a partneship between Pantene and the American Cancer Society and it is a small way I can do my part.  Though I personally know I will not be giving my hair to be made into a wig for Papa, I am showing him that even though he has to loose his hair and that is a huge sacrifice in his battle to fight cancer, I can part with the hair I have been growing out with selfish thoughts and hopes of a wedding and formal events and being able to pull it back while I run.  The list of selfish reason why I have wanted my hair long could get as long as my hair itself, but I told him that if and now when his hair fell out, I would cut mine.  I have to admit I'm not sure I have it in me to shave it, because let's face it, one funky shaped head visible in this house will probably be enough, but I think acts of love are as powerful as any medicine he is on.  When looking into the information I found how to host a hair donation event, and I figure since I should really allow myself another few months to get some decent length to my hair for the cut I would have the time to work with my beauty shop and organize an event.  

So I am here and now telling you all I will start tomorrow by visiting my salon and presenting this information and I WILL find a way to make this work and get some help with my personal goals.

Ok so thats wasn't anything to do with my fitness goals I have been telling you all about and I am slightly ashamed to say I have been eating cake for 2 days straight, but I am gonna finish my dinner tonight and go upstairs and kick some abs! (tee he he).  Good luck everyone! and sorry for the lack of a healthy living tip!

1 comment: