Monday, January 30, 2012

No Pain, No Gain

Excuses, excuses, I told myself yesterday I was going to run 11 miles today, and it could still happen but until then I will blog and do some nice yoga because I am waiting on an electrician to come and fix my bathroom heater.  I don't know about you ladies, but I can't stand to get out of a shower/bath into a room that is any less than 100 degrees and the warmer the better!  so I started the morning off with a photo and measurements...and I have lost another half inch in the waist bringing me to a 25.5" waist and I have gained a pound (sad face).  And I know I can say it and I can hear it, muscle weighs more than fat, but dang it's hard to work so hard and see nothing improve on that scale.  Thank goodness for the inches lost or else I might start loosing faith! So Here are the dreaded pictures and I am aware that my mirrors need cleaning and that I am bad at self portraits.  If I ever get pregnant I will have my hubby do the pictures and i likely won't be sharing them because it is hard enough for me to show you these terrible pictures, but like having to weigh-in in front of everyone at a weight watchers meeting, this is my motivation!
But first I will put a pretty picture so one of my tummy isn't what shows up on the blogger dashboard ha ha!



I think it's looking better, don't you?  You don't have to answer that.  
I had an I don't wanna cry moment when a girl I know posted her picture of how she is looking after her baby and she looks friggen fantastic! she says yoga yoga yoga, but I know she is breast feeding and if she is anything like my friend Erin that is the biggest secret to taking off the pounds so I need to get over other people progress and focus on my own.  

I finally tired on my costume for the run and I have to admit, it looked pretty damn cute... Toot Toot (tooting my own horn)  The poofy skirt does wonders when it comes to making my tummy look smaller and flatter.  

A couple of other pieces of news, I ran the charity 5K i talked about in the last entry, and it was a huge success, a great showing for sweet Ella Claire, but the run kicked my booty! I don't know if the cross training is effecting my running or if I was just having an off day, because at the risk of sounding like those cocky running people I don't like, I run 3 miles ALL the time, at least 3 times a week, so that should have been nothing for me.  To prove it to myself I went for a run last night, I ran for 30 minutes straight and had no problems, I guess it was just an off day.  
Another piece of big new is that I signed up with Alyse for the Mercedes 1/2 Marathon on Feb 12th!!! that means in a short 12 days I will be running my first half marathon!!!! I am Terrified! I can't believe in one month I am gonna run 2 half marathons... I guess this is that runners high people talk about, you get to a certain point in your run and you think you can conquer the world.  I am also signing up for the Warrior Dash in Jackson this April, it is the first year they are having it in Mississippi, i am kinda pumped, but running it with some people who are more aquaintences than friends, so a little nervous about that. here are the links to the 2 events if anyone else is as crazy as I am and wants to sign up!

The last race I have plans for at the moment is the Expedition Everest Challenge! I am crazy over the top excited for this because I am doing it with a team mate.... my mom! I think it will be a great experience for us, and I will feel so proud of her knowing she has done her very first 5K at the age of 57!!! She has been working so hard this last year with a personal trainer and she can power walk way faster than I can, so even though she may not run for most of it she will still know she accomplished something new and challenging, which seems to be a theme for our family this year.

Ok no healthy living tip today, just to not over do it and give yourself time to recover, that is what i will obviously be doing today.  I will do some nice yoga, then I will do some writing and then I will maybe do a little light run and save the 11 miler for tomorrow when I can mentally prepare myself for it ha ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment