Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Just a Quickie

Today is just a short post, first of all, prayers for Papa, he started his new chemo yesterday and so far so good, but they told him he should expect to be bald in 2 weeks.  I don't dare ask him if he wants to take control of the situation and shave it himself because for any of you who have met my grizzly looking pop you know he has a strange connection to his hair and would grow it to his shoulders and beyond if my mom and I would let him, so for once we are stepping back and letting him decide.

A celebration though, I ran just at 11 miles today, and no more because funny thing my knee has decided to hurt.  I have been training technically since October but rally since April of 2011 and I thought I had handled the knee pain situation WAAAAAYYYYY back in May!!! Oh well, I am taking it easy and I will NOT hurt myself at the Mercedes run because I am gonna run the Princess damn-it! I iced it down after the run and I will repeat that tonight and not push myself to the limit.

Any suggestions you all have about me trying to run 12 miles before the half marathon on the 12th would be greatly appreciated, be cause I am thinking to hold off until the run and like Alyse's trainer told her if we have to walk the last 3 miles so be it!

No healthy living tip other than eat those yummy fruits and veggies! I am! and I will leave you with another happy picture that is not of my tummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment