I am sad to report my wii fit age has gone up from 32 to 34! but in my defense my phone rang and I got distracted and I blame the increase in age on that! With that said I haven't lost any actual weight but I have lost an entire inch in my waist! I think that's huge, after all, people won't be seeing my weight in numbers if I run the race in a sports bra, but they will see my waist line and though I have not done the work on my waist I should have I am happy to see a result and will now be sure to work harder because it will guarantee a desirable result. At this point, one month from the run, I am not thinking I am ready to commit to the bare belly, but with some dedication I should be there.
A problem I have been struggling with are my sleep patterns and midnight snacking so I will be addressing those problems in my Healthy living tips.
Tomorrow is the 6th annual Gumbo Cook Off at Franks Liquor Store, and I will be running a little 5K for Ella Claire, a little girl in my church who happens to be my cousin. Ella has been fighting an unknown disease all of her life and was finally diagnosed with Aplastic Anemia and is being treated at St. Jude. She is an amazing 8 year old girl full of joy and hope. I am so happy to be able to use someone so special as an excuse to run!
Tuesday I am meeting with my beautician to see about if they are willing to have a hair cutting event, and if not I will make my own personal pledge to cut my hair as I have promised. But just so you all know I have an arsenal of reasons as to why this could be a good thing to do and of where to promote so that we get plenty of pony tails. The only sad news I have is that they dye the hair to make the wigs so that they are all one color, how I wuold love to provide 8 cuttings of my own hair for a wig because the thought of dyeing my hair makes me so sad.
Last night I made another part of my costume for the Princess run, as those of you following this blog you know I am dressing up as Ariel, my all time favorite Disney Princess! This part of my costume that I made i have been dreading making because I wasn't sure how to go about it, and I have to admit it took me longer to make than it should have, but I am happy with it, though I know I probably could have bought something that looks better, I am happier knowing I made it. It is the flower to wear in my hair like Ariel wears in the park, and I loosely based it off of the one she wears in her hair in the movie while playing "he loves me, he loves me not". I know it is such a small detail, but remember I am unemployed and I would rather do almost anything that is not working on my thesis (in my defense I had worked on it and am waiting for edits). So now the only part I have left to do and I haven't yet decided how I want to go about it is to add shells to my sports bra or tank top. I'm thinking just an outline in sequins is my best bet for the shell option. Ok so here are some pictures of what I have so far!
| Blurry, but this is it on my head |
| The Flower |
![]() |
| Cartoon Inspiration |
I haven't tried it all on yet, but I am sure hoping it looks as cute on as it does n the hanger!
Healthy Living Tip #1:
Eating at night when you should be sleeping is bad for 2 main reasons, firstly it is extra calorie intake not planned for during your earlier meals and secondly it interrupts your sleep patterns leading to a bad night of broken sleep. Some way to combat those midnight cravings is to make sure you plan for a healthy before bed snack that is light and won't cause a blood sugar spike. Another is to drink plenty of water during the day but limit the amount you drink as your wind down for bed, because if you drink too much too late you will have to get up to use the bathroom and you may be tempted to eat if you are already up. Also try rewarding yourself with something other than food when you are having a craving, like a moon lit walk or a warm bubble bath, just try not to walk to a fast food restaurant!
Healthy Living Tip #2:
Watch out for the BLT's! And I'm not talking about the sandwich... One of the proven best organizations to help with weight loss and lifestyle changes for the better is Weight Watchers and I don't think ANY of us are quite at a point where we need Weight Watchers, but my mom has become her best version of herself by using things she learned while actively going to her weekly meetings. So today I'm going to share with you one of the things she learned and that was to watch out for the Bites, Licks, and Tastes. Just a nibble hear and a lick of the stirring spoon can add up to a lot of calories that you can't really measure. And believe me, just because no one saw you eat it doesn't mean the calories don't count! Some thing I saw on the biggest looser once was to chew gun while you cook or bake. A piece of gum has about 9 calories which you burn off while chewing and having it in your mouth keeps you from being tempted to much on whatever it is you are cooking with.
Hope this blog was helpful! Looking so forward to some end results!

No comments:
Post a Comment